Tart Cherry Crisp + Butler's Orchard
A gluten free + vegan (and option for paleo) crisp recipe that can be used for any fresh fruit!
- 6 cups fresh tart cherries or however much fills your dish
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- ⅔ cup oats sub more almond meal + nuts for paleo version
- 1 cup chopped walnuts almonds and pecans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
Heat oven to 350 F.
Pit cherries and place straight into the dish you're using to bake. No need to grease your dish unless you've had issues in the past (my ceramic dish was just fine). Add in arrowroot powder and toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, nuts, salt, sugar) and mix until combined. Pour in the maple syrup and coconut oil, stirring to combine until mixture is crumbly. Pour on top of fruit and spread evenly.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping browns.
Let cool for a few minutes, then dig in (maybe with ice cream if you're having it for dessert).