Easy 10 Minute Pantry Vegetable Soup
An easy and adaptable 10 minute soup made with pantry staples including onion, dried herbs, beef broth, tomato paste and frozen vegetables.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon Dried thyme (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Rosemary (more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2-4 cups frozen vegetables (fresh works too, it just may take longer to cook )
- 32 ounces Beef broth (or 1 Liter. You can mix with veggie broth if needed)
- salt, to taste
Sautee the onion in olive oil until translucent in a large pot. Add in spices, stirring to combine. If you have fresh veggies, you can add them here in the sautee step.
Add in the tomato paste and ketchup (yes, ketchup!), stirring to combine. If you are out of ketchup, you can add more tomato paste and a bit of sugar or honey for a touch of sweetness.
Add in the frozen veggies at this point. Stir to combine and let the veggies warm. Add in the broth and bring to a simmer. Adjust salt to taste.
The soup is ready once the veggies are cooked through and the broth is sufficiently hot - this only took about 5 minutes with frozen vegetables. Enjoy!