Hello friends! Sharing another easy one pot meal we enjoyed here at the new house. This pasta salad is a Mediterranean inspired meal, full of color, and lots of options for customizing. And made in under 20 minutes - win.
I made this with chickpea/quinoa pasta we had on hand and initially created it as a pantry cleanout meal - some of our favorites! I ended up adding carrots, bell peppers, olives and chickpeas, and then an olive oil + herb dressing at the end. You can't beat a one pot meal!! And looks at all those veggies!
Chickpea, Bell Pepper and Olive Pasta Salad
- 1 small package pasta I used gluten free chickpea/quinoa pasta here
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 can olives (diced or whole)
- 2 cans chickpeas (~ 25 ounces); 1 can would work too
- ¼ cup olive oil; more to taste
- ½ tsp salt; more to taste
- fresh cracked pepper
- ½ tsp each dried basil, oregano, parsley; fresh would be great too
- Cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking, dice any veggies if you haven't done so already.
- Drain pasta, reserving about ½ cup of pasta water to use for sauce (if desired).
- Toss in the veggies, chickpeas and olives immediately, stirring to combine (this should warm everything up). Add in the olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper and combine. Add more olive oil and/or a bit of pasta water if the mixture looks (e.g., if it's a big box of pasta0.
- Serve on its own or on top of a bed of lettuce/kale like we did! Bon appetit!