In da house. Bowls of it.
If you're looking for a fall granola, this is it! This mix is
I used this roasted walnut oil as a base for the liquid in the recipe, which added a really nice depth of flavor. I've had it for a while and had been meaning to use it up but didn't know how. Granola is so flexible that I figured it would be a good test case and I was right!! So much flavor. I think coconut oil and/or canola oil would great as well, it will just have less of a walnut flavor.
We've had it for a few days and can't stop snacking on it 🙂
If you try it out, let me know!!
Roasted Walnut and Maple Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw walnuts chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon more to taste
- Heavy pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons walnut oil or coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then add the oil and maple syrup, making sure to coat everything evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Check at 20 minutes and leave in a few more minutes if not toasty looking at smelling. You can stir halfway through, or leave it untouched which will result in bigger chunks of granola.
- Let cool, then dig in!! Best with a bowl of good milk =).