It's been a hot minute since I popped in with a recipe. We've been full throttle in "clean out the pantry" mode, getting ready for our travels to France!! This has meant using up lots of condiments and random things, so not *all* meals have been particularly recipe ready.
This kale salad was inspired by the need for an easy + green meal - and a multi-grain croissant I had picked up at Whole Foods!! It's a go-to recipe for a simple and bright salad, and as always, very flexible with toppings.
I made a base dressing of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and good mustard (Sir Kensington's is my favorite!). Mix it up well, until the olive oil and vinegarare emulsified with the mustard. I usually shake it up in a well-sealed jar!
Next, massage your kale with the dressing. A hearty kale will will be great after sitting with the dressing for 10 minutes or so - it will become a bit softer. Finally, top with anything you have on hand! I used hemp seeds, carrots, a red pear, and a few almond flour crackers. Delicious for a simple and light meal! It would also be great paired with roasted chicken or shrimp.
Let me know if you try this out, and bon appetit!
White Balsamic Kale Salad
- 6 cups or more chopped kale
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon good mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: sliced carrots sliced pear, hemp seeds, roasted chicken
- Add dressing ingredients to a small jar or Tupperware. Shake vigorously to combine!
- Massage the kale with the dressing, reserving a bit to drizzle on top later. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add toppings and drizzle with remaining dressing.