This is a long overdue post for a delicious bowl of cozy oats I wanted to share! Rosemary is a fun, slightly savory twist on a cozy bowl of classic oats, and a perfect cold weather flavor. You can top your bowl with walnuts, raisins, or just leave it as is with brown sugar and rosemary!
Pair with hot chocolate for the ultimate cozy morning. As always, you can make this vegan friendly by using a vegetable milk (almond is my favorite).
Leftovers are great reheated as well. I threw in a couple of raisins here to change it up!
Rosemary Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves removed, and roughly chopped if desired
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk (regular, or use almond/soy/oat milk to make vegan)
- 1 handful walnuts optional
- 1 handful raisins optional
- Add all the oats, brown sugar, rosemary, salt and milk into a small pot over medium heat, stirring to combine (and so the oats don't stick). If the mixture looks to thick, add a little more milk. Add the walnuts and raisins if using
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and stir for about 5 more minutes, until oats are creamy.
- Set aside to cool, then serve! A splash of milk and toasted nuts are also a great topping.