My favorite salads, especially in the summer end up being a mixture of what is fresh, local and in season. This one is a great example of it!! Fresh arugula greens are mixed with sweet peaches, corn and goat cheese, then finished with a light honey balsamic vinaigrette for a super delicious and satisfying entrée sized salad.
This salad would be great for a potluck or any other gathering because it presents itself so well! Assemble all the salad components and keep the dressing separate until you’re ready to toss and serve. I didn’t have any nuts on hand, but toasted almonds, walnuts or pecans would complement the flavors well and add a little extra crunch. We served ours with seafood since we were at the beach, but this would be great with any other protein like grilled chicken or fish.
Easy Peach Goat Cheese Sweet Corn and Arugula Salad
- 10 ounces arugula or other salad greens
- 4-5 ounces 120g or so goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 peach sliced
- 1 ear sweet corn peeled
- 3 Tablespoons 25g toasted and chopped nuts, optional
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and boil until soft, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool, then carefully slice off the kernels.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. If using a jar, shake to combine thoroughly. If using a bowl, mix thoroughly until the mustard binds everything together.
- Add the salad greens, goat cheese, corn peach and nuts into a large mixing bowl. Serve as is, with dressing on the side, or drizzle the dressing on top and toss to combine.