Son of a peach....
That was the name of a beer we had this weekend at Tupelo Honey Cafe! So delicious. Peach season is in full swing here in VA and I am thrilled to be a part of it. Picking them up at local farmer's markets whenever I can (Courthouse! Foggy Bottom!).
Anyway wanted to share this salad from last weekend, inspired by the market. It highlights some of the season's best produce!
- Sweet corn. YUM. Underrated.
- Peaches. Must be juicy not those sad store bought ones 😂
- Greens. Arugula here.
- Yellow zucchini.
The base of the salad was zucchini that I ribboned using my handy peeler. Then arugula, peaches, and corn on top. I kept the dressing light to let the produce flavors shine through. We had limes laying around so I made a lime vinaigrette, adding in olive oil, honey, a bit of mustard (to hold everything together), salt and pepper. The lime and honey was a perfect complement to the juicy peaches. I loved how well the salad piled up with the zucchini ribbons 🙂
Full recipe below 🙂
Summer Market Salad
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 peach sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice about 1 big lime
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Shuck the corn in the meantime. Once boiling, add the ears of corn and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Make the dressing: mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar until well combined (the mustard will help keep everything together). Set aside.
- Next, thinly slice, spiralize or ribbon your zucchini. Place on a plate or in a large bowl and top with arugula.
- Once the corn is cool, carefully slice the kernels off the ear into a bowl or onto a cutting board.
- Top the salad with the corn + peaches, then drizzle on the dressing and dig in!!
I hope you are inspired to check out your local produce and make something easy, fresh and delicious this weekend!!
Bon appétit 🙂